Digital Marketing/Ecommerce Executive
Jake Shoes is an independently owned and family ran business. Founded in 1975 we’ve just celebrated 40 years in business and have a huge range on offer from our staple Ugg, Timberland, Vans, Converse, Lelli Kelly and Hunter brands, to some lesser known brands that are not found anywhere else on the high street, this is one reason our customers come back year after year.
2016 was a huge year for us reporting year-on-year growth in both stores, as well as online, this is even more impressive against a back drop of independent store closures around the country. We were also awarded the ‘Childrens Independent Retailer of the Year’ title – as well as being highly commended in two other categories at our industry Oscars, the Footwear Industry Awards.
As well as our two stores in Stockport and the Arndale Centre Manchester, we’ve built up a significant online offering and have exciting plans for continued growth. We are the ‘Fashion Independent Retailer of the Year 2017’.
Working within our vibrant team, and alongside our digital partners, the role will include developing our multi-channel digital strategy and further strengthening our online presence through;
- Developing our outreach and blogger engagement program to generate increased exposure.
- Growing our presence and engagement through our established social channels.
- Developing and implementing email campaigns utilising our opted-in database.
- Making full use of the Digital Display Advertising and Re-Marketing channels.
- Providing accurate reports to management using analytics platforms.
- Using Google Analytics to suggest improvements to our customer journey.
- Research and implement advances in digital marketing to suggest new channels not utilised.
- Developing brand assets to be used across all digital channels.
- Strong understanding of the current industry trends, strategies and best practice.
- Content creation in the form of onsite copy, blog writing and video content.
- Knowledge and experience using Google tools such as Analytics.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Analytical experience to define and analyse the effect of the digital strategy.
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office suite of software – Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- A degree, or equivalent, qualification with a marketing focus.
- Being well organised and able to manage own workload.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Reasonable grasp of HTML/CSS and basic web development.
- Adobe Photoshop knowledge.
- Experience with content management systems.
- Design experience / skills.
- Experience in a similar role, with an understanding of retail e-commerce preferable.
- Affiliated to a professional body such as the CIM or CIPR.
WHAT WE OFFER
It is important that the successful candidate knows our product offering. Full product training will be given upon starting in the role.
We offer you room to grow in an entrepreneurial environment and will support the nurturing of your skills. Budget for training is available upon request with supporting business case.
We offer a competitive salary which is negotiable based upon experience. We understand that cost of living rises each year so in line with that, we hold annual salary reviews.
28 days holiday, inclusive of Bank Holidays, which increases with service. Usual working hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00-17.30. Semi- flexible working hours are also available if necessary.
This truly is an exciting time to come on board and have an impact within a thriving, growing and entrepreneurial business.
If this sounds like you and you’re still interested, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of Tom Bradshaw.
Please note, at this time we are not working with, or seeking to work with recruitment agencies.